We have been developing solid expertise in natural gas storage for 70 years.
Storengy has the skills needed to qualify and develop sites. The company also has expertise in marketing and operating storage sites for all four available technologies: aquifer storage, salt caverns, depleted deposits and lined mined caverns. Discover here the extent of our know-how.
OUR UNDERGROUND EXPERTISE, FROM EXPLORATION TO OPERATIONS
Our areas of expertise
We intervene at the beginning of a gas storage project to evaluate a site, its subsoil and its surface.
To qualify potential sites, we need to do the following:
- interpret the seismic data
- study the reservoir engineering
- drill exploration, control and exploitation wells, and then carry out tests on these wells
- observe the mechanical and thermodynamic behaviour of rocks and caverns
Our fields of intervention
On site, our teams carry out operations on drilling sites, study seismic campaigns, supervise sites and carry out electrical geophysical recordings.
Studies and tools
At Storengy, dedicated teams have expertise in:
- “porous media” – from geology to reservoir engineering
- the fields of "salt engineering"
- reservoir simulation
- modelling of salt cavities
MULTIPLE SKILLS IN SURFACE ENGINEERING
The stages of the project
Project definition – Feasibility study – Development – Supervision – Control – Contract execution
As owners, we take over the project management, we study the development of new installations or upgrade existing ones.
We manage the operation and maintenance of:
- storage sites
- rotating machines
- piping and installations
- electrical equipment