For almost 70 years, Storengy has grown and reinvented its business day after day to help make our progress more harmonious.
Storengy's accomplishments over the years testify to its ability to rise to a challenge, providing our customers with gas storage solutions that best meet their needs and supporting energy transitions by developing geothermal power and renewable energy sources such as hydrogen and biomethane. These challenges have honed our experience and our expertise. They have sustained our growth, first in France, then in Europe and the rest of the world.
Welcome to Beynes
- The first natural gas storage site was commissioned there in 1956.
The oil crises
- They sparked the need to diversify sources of energy supply.
- The first salt cavity storage facility in France was commissioned in 1970. It is located in Tersanne in south-east France.
The expansion years
- The company set up operations in Europe and beyond.
- The Stublach project was launched in the United Kingdom in 2007.
- The Storengy brand was created in 2008.
- In 2011, 5 new sites were integrated into Storengy Deutschland.
- In 2014, the Peckensen salt cavern in Germany was commissioned.
- In 2015, the first geothermal project at “Villages Nature” in Île-de-France.
- Since 2019, Storengy has been developing its biomethane activity.